Rites of passage are incorporated into the Fusion experience. These help transform the adolescent into a mature believer capable of taking personal responsibility for his or her faith and possessing the ability to walk with Jesus for a lifetime.
Fusion’s rites of passage are a central key for instilling in Fusion graduates the idea of a transcendent cause, being part of something bigger than themselves (in this case, their personal commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission and the lifetime endeavor to become more like Jesus Christ).
What is a Rite of Passage?
- A rite of passage is a process where a child comes into adulthood. Specifically, at the end of the rite of passage process, he or she receives all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a responsible adult. In Fusion, rites of passage are used to instill discipline, give direction and confer responsibility for service and leadership.
Fusion rites of passage incorporate:
- Individual and corporate discipline
- Spiritual/physical accountability
- Opportunities for pushing the physical, spiritual, emotional limits of the individual
- Providing the individual a “safe” place to fail and be restored
- Special intimate rite of passage ceremonies throughout the process